Thursday, March 12, 2009

Why is nothing so .. awkward? I attempted the nothing assignment while I was at Lifetime. I thought there would be no better place to do nothing at the place you go to to do something. I stood by the stairs and really concentrated on letting myself go. It was really funny and somewhat uncomfortable to find that just about everyone seemed to notice me. In a room full of people running as fast as they can, lifting to much weight, and stretching until they cry, everyone noticed the one girl who was just standing. Not going to lie though, I would have done the same thing. We rarely see people simply standing because its the best way to draw attention to yourself. It's like walking down the hallway. Someone can bump your shoulder but it doesn't annoy you half as much as it does when someone is just standing directly in your path.

This was one of the easiest and hardest assignments I have been given in my entire high school career. How is it that standing and shutting the rest of the world out such an abnormal action?

1 comment:

  1. i like ur comment that u draw more attention to urself by standing still than u would bumping into someone. its funny how nothing draws so much attention

    ReplyDelete